The University of Florida has adopted an internal grievance (Title II §35.107) procedure for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any actions prohibited by the U.S. Department of Justice regulations implementing Title II (public, state and local government) of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Title II states, in part, that "no otherwise qualified disabled individual shall, solely by reason of such disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination" in programs or activities sponsored by a public entity.
All ADA complaints, excluding those filed against the ADA Coordinator**, should be addressed to:
Dr. Russell Froman, J.D, Ed.D.
ADA Coordinator & Assistant Vice President for Accessibility and Gender Equity
Office for Accessibility and Gender Equity
1908 Stadium Road/427 Yon Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611
(352) 273-1094 (V), 711 (TDD/TTY)
- All complaints should be filed in writing, contain the name and address of the person(s) filing it, and briefly describe the alleged violation.
- A complaint should be filed within 180 days (Title II §35.170) after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation. (Processing of allegations of discrimination, which took place before this grievance procedure was in effect will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- An investigation, as may be appropriate, shall follow the filing of the complaint. The investigation shall be conducted by either the ADA Coordinator or an Employee Relations Investigator, depending upon the nature of the grievance. These rules anticipate informal but thorough investigations, affording all interested persons and their representatives an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to a complaint.
- A written determination as to the validity of the complaint and a description of the resolution shall be issued by the ADA Coordinator and a copy will be forwarded to the complainant.
- The ADA Coordinator shall maintain the files and records of the University of Florida, relating to complaints filed.
ADA Grievance Form
To access the ADA Grievance Form to file a complaint, click on the link below.