ADA Grievance Form
Internal Grievance Process
- All grievances should be filed electronically or in writing, contain the name and address of the person(s) filing it, and briefly describe the alleged violation.
- A grievance should be filed within 180 days (Title II §35.170) after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- An investigation, as may be appropriate, shall follow the filing of the grievance. The ADA Coordinator shall conduct the investigation or, depending upon the nature of the grievance; a designated investigator may be assigned. These rules anticipate informal but thorough investigations, affording all interested persons and their representatives an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to a grievance.
- A written determination as to the validity of the grievance and a description of the resolution shall be issued by the ADA Coordinator, and a copy will be forwarded to the complainant.
- The ADA Coordinator shall maintain the files and records of the University of Florida relating to the grievance filed.
Grievance Against the UF ADA Coordinator
The University of Florida’s General Counsel is commitment to ADA compliance and oversight within the institution. General Counsel will address allegations of ADA discrimination against the UF ADA Coordinator, Dr. Russ Froman, impartially and promptly.
ADA complaints filed against the ADA Coordinator should be addressed to:
Amy Meyers Hass
Vice President and General Counsel
University of Florida
123 Tigert Hall
P.O. Box 113125
Gainesville, FL 32611
(352) 392-1358 (V), 711 (TDD/TTY)
File an ADA Grievance against the UF ADA Coordinator, Dr. Russell Froman.