Disability Discrimination Form
Internal Grievance Process
- All grievances should be filed electronically or in writing, contain the name and address of the person(s) filing it, and briefly describe the alleged violation.
- A grievance should be filed within 180 days (Title II §35.170) after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- An investigation, as may be appropriate, shall follow the filing of the grievance. The ADA Coordinator shall conduct the investigation or, depending upon the nature of the grievance; a designated investigator may be assigned. These rules anticipate informal but thorough investigations, affording all interested persons and their representatives an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to a grievance.
- A written determination as to the validity of the grievance and a description of the resolution shall be issued by the ADA Coordinator, and a copy will be forwarded to the complainant.
- The ADA Coordinator shall maintain the files and records of the University of Florida relating to the grievance filed.
Disability Discrimination Complaint
The UF ADA Office takes ADA discrimination complaints against any UF personnel or entity seriously and has established procedures to investigate and address them in a timely and fair manner, promoting an inclusive and accessible environment for all members of its community.
ADA complaints, excluding those against the ADA Coordinator, should be addressed to:
Dr. Russell Froman, J.D, Ed.D.
UF Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Office
1908 Stadium Road/427 Yon Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611
(352) 273-1094 (V), 711 (TDD/TTY)